Big Kids & Tweens
Gradeschoolers” ages 6-12, are ready to solve problems, meet challenges, and grow in their independence. On this page, you will find all kinds of our favorite resources for apps, books, programs, and links to help you help them develop their own sense of security in right and wrong. Everyone learns differently, and FCL wants to help nurture these unique differences.
Great fun and educational websites to know about and share with your kids, class, or events
- GoNoodle.com – Thoughtful channels and topics that give excellent videos and resources in a variety of topics like fun and interesting how-to topics, dance how-to’s, breathing, stretching and exercising. Bring joy, health, and self-discovery to the kids in your life!
- ABCMouse – For ages 2-8, over 10,000+ activities
- GenerationGenius – Generation Genius is a K-8 teaching resource that brings school science standards to life through fun and educational videos paired with lesson plans, activities, quizzes, reading material and more
Great websites for parent reviews for books, TV, games, movies and apps
- Kids-In-Mind – provide parents and other adults with objective and complete information about a film’s content so that they can decide, based on their own value system, whether they should watch a movie with or without their kids, or at all.
- Common Sense Media – Common Sense is an independent voice for kids, families, and communities everywhere. We combine original research with game-changing advocacy efforts to make the digital world work better for all kids
Great Apps to consider downloading to your smart device:
- Sensical Streaming App – Sensical is a worry-free, safe streaming app for kids inspired by Common Sense Media for ages 2-10 to access thousands of hand-selected videos. Free to explore, learn, and watch!
- Happy Kids – Happykids is a free and safe video streaming app that entertains and educates kids of all age groups with popular shows, movies, music, rhymes, stories, cartoons, vlogs, DIY, activity guides, and more.
Monday – Thursday: 11am – 7pm
Friday: 11am – 5pm
Saturday: 11am – 5pm